Welcome to the terminology page.
The purpose of this page is to assist traders who are not familiar with 8alert's methodologies, models and signaling methods.
- Signal entry price: entry price might be a specific price or might be within a range. The user can choose his entry price accordingly. 8alerts will always manage the trade as if picked the worst price.
- Profit taking: as mentioned at the entry price, profit taking prices will usually be given as a range. 8alerts will always calculate the profit from its early price = (less profit).
- stop loss: with regards to the earlier ranges, stop loss price is specific and not a range of prices.
Notes regarding price ranges:
- Category: Stocks/Indices/commodities/Currencies – active trade for that kind of product ; Briefing – present a strategy, and not an active trade. This will probably turn into trade signal later on.
- Symbol: product symbol. Note, some symbols can vary from one trading platform to another.
- Action: Action made at the signal (setting entry price, set/change TP1, changing stop price…).
- Scalp – short term signal (the expected signal lifetime from entry to profit/loss is few hours) – pay attention to Duration
- Swing – longer term signal (from hours to days). Duration column might be empty or zero, hence, duration is not relevant.
- Duration: period of time in minutes. If that period passed and no “Entry order filled” execution is made, this signal is cancelled.
- Price: the entry price range. Values might change during signal management.
- Stop: stop loss price. Value might change during signal management (and become stop profit).
- TP1/TP2: price range for profit taking 1 and 2.
- Execution: execution refers to one of the actions mentioned earlier.
- Closed Signals: all closed (elapsed) signals including their final result calculation – gain or loss. The calculation assumes the following amounts:
- For stocks, the calculated position is 10K$.
- For indices future contracts, the calculated position is 1 or 2.
- For currencies, the calculated position is 100K$
- Quantity: The above values appear at quantity column
- Total: total gain/loss in points + %
- P&L: total gain/loss in US $ + %
- Cru = Crucial = graph’s crucial area
- T.I. = Trading idea
- B.S.S.R = buy support, sell resistance
- Box Trading = estimated levels of Support and Resistance
- Clus = Cluster = group of parameters that create the model to work with, at a specific time.
- HDM = Hold Down Momentum
- HUM = Hold Up Momentum